The library is open before school, after school, and during both lunches. Changes do occur, so check the library door for signs.
- Regular Schedule: 7:30am – 3:30pm
- Delay Schedule: 8:30am – 3:30 pm
- Activity Schedule: 7:30am – 2:15pm
Loan Periods and Fines:
- Books: 3 week check-out period with 2 renewals allowed.
- Magazines: Overnight check-out.
- Overdue fees for books are 20 cents per school day, with a maximum of $3.00 per book.
- Overdue magazine fees are $1.00 per school day, with a maximum of $3.00 per magazine.
- No food, drinks, or gum are allowed.
- You must be checking out a book, reading a book, or doing your homework.
- Please work quietly enough so that others may work, too.
- You must have your I.D. card to check out a book.
- All books must be checked out BEFORE the bell rings.
- Please push in your chair when you leave.
Rules for Computer Use:
When you and your parents signed your AUP, this is what you agreed to:
- I will use only my own computer log-in and password information—not someone else’s.
- I will use school computers for schoolwork only—no games, shopping, etc.
- I will not destroy or alter the data belonging to another student or any other user.
- I will not vandalize a computer by unplugging or removing cords or other components.
- I will not try to bypass or evade the district’s Internet filter system.
- I will use the Internet for research and other educational purposes only.
- I will not write or allow anyone else to write abusive or bullying comments while on the Internet.
- I will NOT give out my home address or phone number on the Internet except when filling out the following:
- College and scholarship applications
- Registration forms for school activities
Violation of these rules will result in losing your Internet privileges and/or your computer privileges for a period of time, up to and including the remainder of the school year.
Taken from the Student Code of Conduct for the Kern High School District Electronic Community